Are you managing IT, or is it managing You?
So picture this:
You just arrived at the company and you got an email alert on smartphone that a colleague’s computer is in a dire state and it won’t start.
No time to drop your bags off in the office, you head straight up. Because it is not just any colleague, it is the head of Finance.
And suddenly it is lunch time. Still no idea what’s going on, or what went down.
You were excused for lunch but because you still have tons of emails waiting to be tended to, you have to eat in the office.
Guess what? Your colleagues are MIA too.
Is that one of your typical day at work? Sounds like a horror story that has yet to end.
Manpower shortage is on the high in these troubled times where the global economy is not doing so well.
If your Human Resources department is still putting out ads in hopes of employing someone, or anyone for the matter, to cover IT, they are going to be at it for a long time.
One person cannot simply manage the entire company’s devices and network. Even a small group of IT professionals may struggle to keep up.
There are numerous disciplines in IT too. There’s your general IT which includes things like inventory management, troubleshooting; IT security; and even compliance.
Specialized knowledge and attention needs to be given for security and compliance. And certifications take years to master.
Throw in security and compliance, your management is going to have to fire some of your staff in other departments.
A traditional outsourced IT provider will work like your internal IT team, but in an awkward-cousin-that-you-do-not-want type of way.
Most of the tasks and resolutions are manual and tedious, and are especially time-consuming.
In a managed IT service/solution environment, almost everything is automated.
A managed services/solutions provider (MSP) can:
1. Provide 24/7 remote monitoring of your IT assets in your company’s network;
2. Automate remediation of IT issues;
3. Automate updates for your Operating System (OS) and third party applications;
4. Automate and verify backups, on a local server level and to the cloud;
5. Automate the testing of your backups;
6. Providing ultra-fast recovery in minutes and hours, not days, or weeks;
7. Providing your IT assets with the latest in cyber security protection against emerging cyber threats;